Reporting and Analytics in Business Central
Insight into the business and the ability to make the right decisions at the right time, quickly and efficiently, is extremely important for any company that wants to be leading in the market in which it operates. This insight can only be achieved with an integrable business management solution that is at the forefront of the latest technology, such as Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Centralize your financial management data across accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory, and customer interactions for an up-to-date, end-to-end view of your business using the various features of Dynamics 365 Business Central.
From greatly improved business insights to automated and streamlined processes – Microsoft Dynamics Business Central ERP Solution offers a vast range of business benefits.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Reporting & Analytics features help you to make faster, more informed decisions, guided by connected processes, predictive analytics, and real-time data.
Using Dynamics 365 Business Central Reporting & Analytics
Dynamics 365 Business Central helps you improve productivity and get more done with easy-to-create workflows, audit trails, and enterprise-level security. Connect workflows across sales and accounting to automatically track cash flow and secure purchasing, credit authorization, and vendor payment processes with pre-defined alerts and approval workflows.
Reporting and analytics involve many business areas across the company and it is important to ensure that all relevant employees have access to the data they need. For example, finance and accounting officers need accounting data from the general ledger; a warehouse manager, on the other hand, will need to use inventory-related data, while the head of the company will need specific information from data regarding the company’s efforts and performance goals, also called KPIs, which provide information on the direction and speed of meeting the company’s strategic objectives.
However, it is important that all data is easily accessible, and quickly retrieved and that impacts on important business areas are highlighted. However, that data is made available to relevant employees is not enough alone, the data streams provided are only useful to the individual employee when presented in a way that highlights the information that ultimately influences their decisions.
Streamlining your business data across accounting, purchasing, inventory, production & customer interactions seems like a dream?
Not any longer, get a better view of your business and drive it forward with more informed decisions using real-time data you can rely on. Boost your performance in real-time with built-in Power BI dashboards. See patterns and trends early on so you can gain new insights with in-depth analysis.
Why Dynamics 365 Business Central Reporting & Analytics?
The features will allow you to easily track your KPIs through your own analysis of the general ledger. You are able to access business information whenever and wherever you may need it, with real-time dashboards and automatic refresh ensuring you are always observing the latest data.
You can access your data with ease through flexible reporting, fast analytics, and controlled budgeting. The tool also allows for data to be turned into visually exciting graphs and dashboards in the report, all of which are designed to help you identify trends and spot anomalies, as well as helping to fix problems early on.
Data is kept safely and securely all in one place, and that primary location will be updated in real-time with all of the latest information. The data and reports can be viewed all in one built-in dashboard, helping your teams to work together to make better business decisions, thus facilitating business growth.
Sell Smarter and Improve Customer Service
Easily track ongoing sales performance and leverage actionable insights to focus on customers that have the greatest potential for long-term growth.
Deliver value at every touch point by prioritizing sales leads based on revenue potential. Keep track of all customer interactions and get guidance on best upsell, cross-sell, and renewal opportunities to maximize revenue throughout your sales cycle. Boost sales productivity by accelerating the quote-to-cash process. Act quickly on sales-related inquiries, manage service requests, and process payments—all from within Outlook.
- Use configurable dashboards and multidimensional reports to analyze key performance indicators (KPIs), inventory, sales, and order status. With Microsoft Power BI, you can transform data into rich visuals and dashboards. It’s a powerful tool that lets you see all your data live, together all in one place. Prebuilt dashboards let you explore your data in rich detail, and then share insights in colorful, interactive reports or live dashboards. Live updates make sure you’re always looking at the latest data—it’s actionable intelligence anyone in the company can use!
- For deeper insights, Dynamics 365 Business Central includes advanced analytics, making it simpler to access, model, and analyze data across multiple dimensions for ad hoc, customized reports. Rich data from virtually any data source can be fed into company dashboards. Capabilities such as the Q&A Search Bar let your people type in a question, drill into the answer, and share it with others inside or outside the organization.
Deliver exceptional service with a comprehensive overview of your service tasks, workloads, and employee skills to effectively assign resources and accelerate case resolution.
Optimize inventory levels
Use built-in intelligence to predict when and what to replenish. Purchase only what you need with dynamically updated inventory levels. Leverage sales forecasts to automatically generate production plans and create purchase orders.
Avoid lost sales and reduce shortages by maintaining the right amount of inventory by automatically calculating stock levels, lead times, and reorder points.
Suggest substitutes when requested items are out of stock. Maximize profitability and get built-in recommendations on when to pay vendors to use vendor discounts or avoid overdue penalties. Prevent unnecessary or fraudulent purchases through approval workflows.
Keep projects on time and under budget
Manage budgets and monitor progress with real-time data on available resources. Create, manage, and track customer projects using timesheets along with advanced job costing and reporting capabilities. Develop, modify, and control budgets to ensure project profitability.
Manage resource levels by planning capacity and sales. Track invoicing for customers against planned costs on orders and quotes. Analyze project performance and make effective decisions with real-time insight into project status, profitability, and resource usage metrics.
Dynamics 365 Business Central helps you get an end-to-end view of your business. It centralizes your company’s data from finance, sales, service, and operations to paint an accurate picture of your business.
And with more accurate information at your fingertips, decisions have a bigger impact on the bottom line. Business Central gives you real-time data updates to help your organization spot trends, prevent issues, and deliver great customer experiences.
One of the other differentiating benefits you get with Dynamics 365 Business Central is the mobile experience. Often, mobile versions of ERP systems don’t provide the same rich functionality. Alternatively, Business Central supports all mobile experiences equally.
Your people get the same desktop capabilities and experience on Windows, iOS, and Android platforms—all while using their device of choice. Get one experience that is consistent and secure across every desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.
Reporting and Analytics Benefits
- You will be able to make fast and informed decisions with the seamless integration of Microsoft Excel.
- Use the built-in Cortana Intelligence software to accurately predict your businesses cash flow.
- In real time you can chart your business’ performance using the built-in Power BI integration.
- Simplify the work and stay connected with other team members by installing the Business Central app in Microsoft Teams to share business data within your Teams chat.
- Help to improve productivity with real-time system suggestions based on past data, this will guide your employees through workflows.
- Providing a familiar Excel environment, you can provide your team the ability to create and run their own reports directly.
- Make maximum use of your resources, improve your reporting processes and have total access to your data in any format you require by using third-party tools. Power BI and Jet Reports are tools that work seamlessly with Dynamics 365 Business Central to provide real-time reporting and analytics.
- Safe and secure store for data
- Real-time reporting and analysis can be made
- Business decisions will be smarter and quicker
- Easy access to data for all employees
- Helps to identify trends and spot problems early on
- Reporting In Power BI
Make Fast, Informed Decisions
- Give your team the ability to create & run their own reports directly inside the familiar Excel environment.
- Use third-party tools like Power BI & Jet Reports, which work seamlessly with Dynamics 365 Business Central, to tap into real-time reporting and analytics.
- Share your information amongst the team so they can rely on one version of the truth.
Centralize Your Data
- Access your data through flexible reporting, fast analytics, and controlled budgeting.
- Turn your data into visually exciting dashboards and reports which are all designed to help you instantly identify trends, spot anomalies as well as fix problems.
- Analyse your data as you need it. Automatic refresh will ensure you’re always seeing the latest data.
Boost your performance
- Never be left standing without answers again! Let your reports run and distribute automatically all while you focus on your other duties.
- No longer will your location stop you from getting accurate business information when and where you need it.
- Maximize your resources, improve your reporting processes and have total access to your data in any format you require.